Gatundu South MP Moses Kuria who has been receiving treatment at Karen hospital for around two weeks after sustaining third degree burns on his legs.
The MP, speaking to Citizen has given a detailed narration on how he sustained those injuries.
Moses Kuria narrated that due to his legs getting numb, a friend advised him to use an electric gadget to warm his feet. The gadget that cost him, Ksh 250, 000 was supposed to help with the numbness but on this fateful day, “My feet exploded,” the lawmaker explained.
“I was travelling and getting numb and tired and so this guy managed to convince me. I thought it was authorised and it was meant to do some blow burning of my feet. My feet exploded and when I came here the following day, they said I had third-degree burns,” he said.
After much enquiry the MP came to the realisation that the gadget has not been fully approved for use by the government, a gadget he now calls, a ‘death weapon’ and should not be used by anyone. Kuria has deemed these devices hazardous and called out on involved parties to do something about them.
“It was meant to be a solution but it has made me go through three surgeries and many people are using this kind of thing but I urge Kenyans that using this kind of products outside the regulatory framework is extremely dangerous,” he said.